Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ever notice how there's just certain questions based on your relationship status people feel the need to ask. For example, if you're single you get 'When are you going to start dating someone?' If you're dating someone you get, 'So when are you going to get married?' Finally, if you're married you no doubt will hear, 'When is the stork coming to visit?' I don't guess we'll ever know how or why people felt it was necessary to ask this but whoever started it should've been slapped. I absolutely despise being asked why and/or when am I going to date someone especially when they make it sound like there is something wrong with me because I'm single. What is it about people as soon as they hear you're single they suddenly decide they are Cupid and have to become matchmaker? I also find it very funny when you get relationship advice and reasons why you should really date someone from people that obviously should not be giving any kind of advice in this subject. Who knew you had to have reasons why you're single, I've seriously been asked why I'm single and if you don't answer they start giving their own opinions as to why they think you're single. It also seems weird that my being single bothers others  more than it does me. I'm at the point in my life where if it happens fine, if not that's perfectly alright with me too. I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. Being the last single friend of some of my closer friends I hang out with can be a little awkward but not enough that I feel I have to be dating or there's something wrong with me cause I'm single. Anyway, my point is don't give me weird looks and jump to your own conclusions when I, or anyone else for that matter, says they are single. Also the next time you feel the need to ask any of the questions listed in the first part of this blog, please for God's sake and everyone else too, just stick with asking how the person is doing of talking about the weather and just don't say anything at all if you can only think of those questions up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment