Saturday, December 29, 2012

Is it really almost 2013?!

Hard to believe another year is almost over with, how fast they go by anymore. It's funny to think when I graduated high school ten years ago I wondered where I'd be in this journey and what all I would have accomplished by the time my ten year reunion came around. This summer I went to my ten year reunion and was able to catch up with a great friend I hadn't seen since graduation and now as I set here I think of my accomplishments this year and in years past. This year I was able to go to Ireland which has always been my #1 dream for as long as I can remember. Now my #1 dream is to go back to Ireland :) I loved it over there and dream of going back one day but until then I look back at the pictures and relive the memories of that most amazing trip. This year I've gotten closer to friends and lost touch with some friends. I've had to say see you later (I don't like saying goodbye cause I believe I'll meet them on the other side) to some people that I thought a lot of. As with any year and any time in ones life I've had ups and downs this year and I've grown as a person but still need to work on some things. I don't believe in making resolutions, no offense if you do, but it just sets me up for failure. My goal and hope not only at the beginning of the year but for my whole life is to stand up for what I believe in, grow in my faith, be a better friend and someone my grandma would be proud of with living my life with the values she taught me. I don't know what 2013 holds, nor do I know what the last few days of 2012 have in store but I know I'm thankful for the ride so far and whatever twists and turns the ride has in store for me I want to hang on with everything I got and finish the race with my head held high and a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment