Friday, December 28, 2012

Goodbyes are so hard to say

I write this blog with a heavy heart and  tears in my eyes because unless God can do a miracle it looks like I'll have to be saying goodbye to a dear friend. I believe in miracles and I'm not giving up hope. I know he's a winner either way but I just ain't ready for him to leave here yet, who else in church is going to come up to me and call me hateful with a big grin. He's one of those people that picks on everyone and has an endless supply of comebacks. I tell you the last couple of months are showing me not to take for granted the people in your life you care about and to always tell them how much they mean to you. Better yet not only tell them but show them because actions speak so much louder than words ever can. As fate would seem to have it I had planned on going and seeing Tony at the hospital today after I got off work now looks like I won't get to ever talk to him again. Thankfully I was able to go see and talk to him last Sunday and in his true fashion as soon as I walked in he said 'Did you come here to start trouble?' I know Tony will never know I wrote this and as I said I'm still praying and hoping for that miracle but if I had the chance again I'd let him know how much I thought of him and how much I appreciated the laughs I had for all the times he picked on me. If you read this and believe in prayer I ask you pray for my friend and also for his wife and two kids for them to have peace and comfort whatever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment