Monday, December 31, 2012

Remembering a Friend

I wrote this yesterday in memory of my friend Tony that lost a battle with cancer...well I really shouldn't say he lost because I know he's in a better place, we just won't get to see him until we get where he at. I have a hard time saying what I want to and this just came to mind.

This isn't a final goodbye
But see you in a little while
I wonder if you ever realized
The impact you've had on others lives

While we're left with the memories
I can't imagine what you've seen
As you walked through those gates
And looked upon Christ's face

Running on the streets of gold
The stories you've already told
We rejoice knowing you're in no pain
Our loss is Heavens gain

Though we wanted more time
We have peace in our life
Knowing you're in a better place
And we'll see you again one day

No comments:

Post a Comment