Monday, July 8, 2013

Decent Title for Post is Unavailable

All last week it seemed to be raining every time I looked out of the window or happened to go outside. I personally like the rain and it only minimally started to bother me after a week or so of it. Besides apparently the storms brought along some more rainbows that I didn't personally see but I saw the pictures on Facebook. I've been enjoying it because it's not been near as hot as it usually is and can get around here this time of year. With an equal part of sarcasm and truth-ism I put on Facebook that  we were running out of things to talk about so God said, 'Let it rain so they can have something to talk about.' so it rained and we talked. I think there are some people that would never talk if they couldn't talk about the weather. It has saved me in starting a conversation countless times over, not to mention it has been the subject of many of my posts on here. Anyway, after reading countless status updates and hearing it in person of people complaining about the rain every one finally got what they had been wanting --- a beautiful sunny day. I took advantage of it and went up to the Arboretum and walked around to kill a little time in between church yesterday. Thankfully, I'm still on this kick where all I want to do is be outside and walk around. It seems to calm me down, help me clear my thoughts, and gets me some exercise - all of which I need. I've noticed that it even helps me not even think at all if that makes sense - it somehow takes my focus off of all the unnecessary thoughts and forces me to focus on the beauty of the nature around me. I don't know why I suddenly got on this kick of wanting to appreciate and enjoy these little things more than I probably ever have but I sure am glad and thankful that I am. The only thing it costs me is slowing down and taking the time to appreciate and truly look at it and as cheesy as it sounds I always see something that makes me stop and smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment