Friday, July 12, 2013

Change

I think one of the hardest things to do is take a honest look at yourself because sometimes it's not fun what you see about yourself, whether it's physical, spiritual, or emotional. I guess in a way if you have a problem area in one of them it can in some way, shape, or form affect all of the other areas in your life.I'll be honest I feel like I have a long list of things that I want to change and/or work on. Some I'm fairly certain I'm holding the standards at an unbelievably hard and unattainable level for myself or anyone to ever achieve. However, for the last couple of months or so I've been slowly trying to focus and improve at least one area in my life and that is to become healthier and get in a better shape. I've heard it said and have even said it myself of being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I sometimes feel like it takes getting to that point before you can finally make up your mind that it's time to make some changes and helps you stick with that goal. I think it's helping me because I'm not doing this or any of the other things I'm trying to work on for anyone else but me. I am my own worst critic and enemy which can make it hard but it can also push me, whereas if I was doing it for someone else and they tried to push me by some thing they thought was being helpful it may just further frustrate me and help me decide this was a bad idea. Or put another way I'd just use it as an excuse to quit. At least this getting older thing is helping me get my priorities right and figure out what's really important and what counts in life. I realize this about myself because countless times before I've tried this getting in better physical shape countless times before and give up in no time (as in a week or two). Now, I'm slowly seeing results physically and mentally about myself and I'm happy about that. Perhaps it's even helping me with having better patience. Whatever it is I'm thankful and for not being a big fan of change I'm looking forward to a better change in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment