Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Just typing to be typing


I guess  I wasn't quite out of stuff to write about - so I just deleted my last post and will see how long my current thoughts last to make this post. Have you ever heard a song and thought, that would make such a great story for a book? One time I saw a picture that said something along the lines of  'why read when you can get the story in 3 minutes,' but that is just more of a reason to read a book in my opinion. I also think that most of my favorite songs are ones that tell a story. There's a song by Dolly Parton called Mountain Angel and it's one of my favorite songs that tell a story, she actually has a lot of songs that I like because they tell such great stories even if they some times are sad. I figure life isn't always perfect and happy so why have a song list that is, plus you got to have a song for any occasion that might come up in life to help you get through it when there is no friend to talk to. I often wonder what it is about music that, at least for me, the more I like the song the louder I tend to turn it up. Some thing about that just adds to it being even better, or maybe I just want to every one else to hear it so they can see how great of a song it is. If you think about it music and writing go hand in hand though. So often I've read or heard authors that say they listen to certain music while writing to help inspire them and such. Perhaps even some of the books I've read have came about because of a song the author heard. All I know for certain is that my life would be very dull and boring if I couldn't listen to my music, honestly sometimes that's the only way I can get how I really feel out, and I definitely don't know what I could do if I couldn't escape reality for a bit and go to another place and/or time while I go read a book for awhile. I think just like when a book is good and I finish it I want to know more about the characters I feel the same way in songs that tell stories, those three minutes or so just aren't enough. Or maybe all of this proves that I need to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment