Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What is normal?

 Why do we always think we know what normal is and are constantly trying or thinking people should become that and if not there is something really wrong with them?  I've always had mixed feelings about  being that quiet, shy girl but most days I don't think I'd change if there was a magic button to push to make me however I think would be better. I actually like a lot of the things that people seem  to want to try and mae me change, like talking. It's not like I don't know how to talk or don't want to talk to people, with the exception of a few topics, I just don't particularly like to talk. Plus there are some people that it's easier to talk to than others. Some times I'd like to return the question of why don't you talk more with why don't you listen more because it is amazing what you can learn when you listen to people. Always makes me wonder where that book is that states what normal is. Wouldn't that be an interesting book, to say the least, if there was a book that had every one's definition of what a normal person is. Kind of makes me wonder how people would define normal if I was to ask them. I think to often we keep our definition of normal to constricted and perhaps that based on each persons comfort zone. Good example may be, I get really nervous and anxious around people that are really loud, have to get up in my personal bubble when talking or in other words the opposite of me but because being around them makes me have to get out of my comfort zone can I rightfully say that they aren't normal? I don't think so but I think if one was to honestly take a look at the list of the people they put in their not normal list it is mostly because they are people that make you have to be outside your comfort zone if you are around them. Looks like I'm going to have to add the question what is normal to my list of questions that will never be fully and truthfully answered. My normal may be abnormal to others but I like it and I don't think it is causing any harm to others and at the end of the day I think that's what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment