Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Never a dull moment in my dreams....

This post is really more of  an ongoing conversation I've been having with myself since I woke up from a dream I had this morning in hopes that by writing it down I can make more sense of it. Consider that a warning of the mess you are about to read if you continue. My dreams can be very random and most of the time just leave me waking up trying to remember what I ate the night before that may have helped cause such crazy, irrational dreams and then there are the times that I have a dream that I think there is more to it than an over active imagination combine with an over active REM sleep cycle. For example, since my grandma passed away ten years ago I have had four dreams with her in it and all of them brought some kind of peace and maybe even a little closure in it's own way. As I said, I'm not one to read to much in to my dreams because most of them would make me call the guys with the straight jackets but I really do believe that there are times that there is something to the things we dream. Which brings me to what brought this all about in the first place. Last night I had a dream with my friend Tony that passed away in December and as far as I can remember this is the first time he's ever showed up in a dream but especially since he passed away. Somehow Tony, his wife, daughter and I end up sitting at a table together talking and after something is said amongst his wife and daughter Tony says, 'Would you all quit talking about me like I'm not here.' Then we end up somewhere else with more people and Tony is cutting up like he always did and he finally says something along the lines of  'I gotta go now but I'll see you all later.' and he's gone and I wake up. Oh and I can't end this post without saying this, I wish I could have a picture of what he looked like in my dream but maybe my words will describe it good enough. Have you ever seen a kid open a gift to find out it was a toy or something they have wished with all their might to get? You know that excitement that shines on their face and in their eyes? Well that's the look that Tony had, the happiness and excitement just shown from within him. So now I'm wondering, was this just another dream, was it a dream I should share with his wife (would it even help her if I told her about it) or am I, as I usually do, just over thinking this whole thing? I don't know maybe I do need a visit from the guys with the happy pills and the straight jacket or something. Perhaps it's one of those things I should keep to myself...and now who ever reads this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment