Thursday, August 1, 2013

Little of this and that and a whole lot of nothing...

Well, I ended up telling my friends about the dream with Tony, and I think I did the right thing especially after what his wife told me afterwards. It also reminded me of how awkward I am around people and how strange it seems the more I care about people the more awkward I am which makes no sense to me. I still felt bad telling them and seeing them cry, I kept apologizing cause I hate to see people I care about cry, but hopefully they were good tears. At least now I can put that behind me and mark that off my things to worry about list. I really got to work on shortening that list and throw it away for good. Kind of helped me see how much I really do worry and think about things instead of going with my first instinct, which is usually right to begin with. Reminds of the saying I've heard that goes something like worry is like a rocking chair your moving but not going any where. I remember back in fifth grade my home room teacher told us before taking a test to go with the first answer you thought of instead of questioning it until you just wasn't sure of the answer to pick. I used that a lot going through school and now that I think about it that philosophy could be applied to life in general. Funny how it's probably been close to 19 years since I've been in fifth grade yet I still remember that. As Timon and Pumbaa said in The Lion King, 'Hakuna Matata!'

No comments:

Post a Comment