Friday, August 16, 2013

Memories

A friend of mine recently posted a photo from back in the day with me and another girl I went to school with and for the life of me I can't remember that ever happening. I know it did cause I'm staring at the photo evidence and there is no way it was photo shopped. Isn't it funny though how you can not have a single memory, faintest idea of even where or when something happened and you know it did because there is legitimate photo evidence. Although, the strange and funny thing is I do distinctly remember the shirt I was wearing in the picture but I have tried to will and even force myself to remember anything else and I can't. The same thing happened about a year ago when people were posting pictures from school days like crazy in getting ready and/or excited about the ten year high school reunion. Truth be told there is probably a post about that as well but it just really fascinates me how the mind can work and how you just seem to lose memories or even block memories. Guess that's proof that it's a good thing to take as many pictures and make as many memories as possible. The more you make maybe the better chance you will still have some to look back on. And when you stumble across the pictures with you in it or even of places you know you went to but that particular place looks so unfamiliar at least you can look at it and know you was there and did something and wait for the day that just maybe that memory may be found again.

No comments:

Post a Comment