Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You like me, you really like me

This may make me sound very conceited but I don't mean it like that, but I often wonder how people see me, and by this I really mean am I really treating people like I want to be treated and am I as good as a friend as I want to, things like that. Here lately I've really found myself questioning these things about myself and what I am very slowly getting to write about are things that I think may be happening to help show me that I obviously got work to do but I may be just a little to hard on myself and people really do see me differently than I see myself. Perhaps that is why here lately I've had people directly tell me or I've over heard it being said positive things about me and go figure it is exactly about the things that I've been questioning about myself. Have you ever been walking away from a group of friends, or whoever, and someone will say something (good!) about you? I never know how I'm supposed to address this - do I act like I didn't hear it, was I even suppose to hear it? By now, if you've read very much of this blog it is obvious I ask A LOT of questions. God probably made me quiet so half of my questions wouldn't be heard, otherwise no one would get anything accomplished. Anyway, back to the over hearing thing (I also have a hard time staying on subject), this has happened and I know I was suppose to hear it but I still didn't know what to say. I tend to not accept compliments very easily, I appreciate them very much but I don't always believe them at first. This past Sunday I heard someone talking about me and saying some really nice stuff about me and she went on to say I wish she could find her a nice Christian man that liked to travel like she does. You just can't avoid that pesky relationship question/statement even when you're not around! That got me thinking how much you wanna bet someone is praying I end up in a relationship, I wish I knew if that was the case because I got a lot better things they could be praying for concerning me. Anyway, I couldn't help but wonder is there a correct way to handle that whole over hearing people talk about you. I have recently truly seen how much and what people do think about me. I guess I always knew but the last few weeks I suppose it's starting to sink in and I have gotten ever so slightly better about telling people and showing them as well. It's still a work in progress but I am going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment